850 people were homeless in Boulder County in 2014, 125 of whom were chronically homeless as determined by the point-in-time estimation process.*
While the uninsured population in Boulder County has been trending in a positive direction in recent years, nearly 28,000 people were living without health insurance in 2014 according the County Health and Human Services Department (roughly 8% of the population).*
St. Benedict’s helps keep people from falling through the cracks in the heath care system. All of our services are no cost, and we are completely non-denominational in our outreach.
Our Free Clinics provide:
- Low level triage (assessment and care planning)
- Heart health and blood pressure screening and education
- Diabetes screening and education
- Men’s and women’s health screening
- Preventative health care education
- Advocacy and Referrals to a primary care provider and local community clinic
- Connection to Dental Aid and dental health screening
- Access to HIV testing and counseling
- Access to mammography
- Simple wound care
- Foot care
- Health care education and advocacy
- Transportation assistance to medical/dental appointments
St. Benedict volunteer health care professionals offer free clinics weekly in the following locations:
- St. John’s Episcopal Church, 1419 Pine Street, downtown Boulder
- First Congregational Church, 1128 Pine Street, Boulder
- Sister Carmen Community Center’s Food Bank 655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 2200 Broadway in Boulder
- OUR Center in Longmont
- Boulder Housing Partners alternating each month between the Walnut Place location and the Canyon Point location.
Every free clinic is an oasis of hospitality and compassion.
St Benedict Health and Healing Ministry has a home office and clinic in partnership with Sister Carmen Community Center.
The Episcopal Church
* Stats from The Community Foundation Serving Boulder County’s Boulder County Trends report 2015.
St. Benedict Health and Healing Ministry P. O. Box 325 Louisville Colorado 80027 303-380-3132