St. Benedict Health & Healing Ministry – Boulder County
850 people were homeless in Boulder County in 2014, 125 of whom were chronically homeless as determined by the point-in-time estimation process.*
While the uninsured population in Boulder County has been trending in a positive direction in recent years, nearly 28,000 people were living without health insurance in 2014 according the County Health and Human Services Department (roughly 8% of the population).*
St. Benedict Health & Healing Ministry helps keep people from falling through the cracks in the heath care system. All of our services are no cost, and we are completely non-denominational in our outreach.
We welcome Mr. Bill Goodwin to the position of Executive Director of St. Benedict Health & Healing Ministry. Mr. Goodwin began serving in this position on 1 July 2018. You can read his bio here.The Reverend Sally Bowersox, founder and Executive Director, of St. Benedict Health and Healing Ministry, retired on 1 July 2018. We say “good bye” and wish Sally many blessings,
Our Free Clinics provide:
- Low level triage (assessment and care planning)
- Heart health and blood pressure screening and education
- Diabetes screening and education
- Men’s and women’s health screening
- Preventative health care education
- Advocacy and Referrals to a primary care provider and local community clinic
- Connection to Dental Aid and dental health screening
- Access to HIV testing and counseling
- Access to mammography
- Simple wound care
- Foot care
- Health care education and advocacy
St. Benedict volunteer health care professionals offer free clinics weekly in the following locations:
- St. John’s Episcopal Church, 1419 Pine Street, downtown Boulder
- First Congregational Church, 1128 Pine Street, Boulder
- Sister Carmen Community Center’s Food Bank 655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette
- Trinity Lutheran Church, 2200 Broadway in Boulder
- OUR Center in Longmont
Every free clinic is an oasis of hospitality and compassion.
St Benedict Health and Healing Ministry has a home office and clinic in partnership with Sister Carmen Community Center.
“St Benedict’s is different from other service organizations. You see, I had no fear I would be banished or denied service.”
“I’ve had a number of health care problems, some major and some minor, but St Benedict’s has always been there to help out.”
* Stats from The Community Foundation Serving Boulder County’s Boulder County Trends report 2015.
St. Benedict Health and Healing Ministry P. O. Box 325 Louisville Colorado 80027 303-380-3132